Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Keep Away Those Winter Blues

Anyone else have trouble in the beauty department with this frigid weather?! I know I tend to have issues with dry skin, staticy hair, and most times just feel like my whole look is dull. So, I thought I'd allow you into some of my little secrets to help you feel and look your best until that warmer spring weather arrives!
If you're anything like myself, the constant change from warm heated air in side to cold windy outside does nothing but dry out your skin. There's nothing worse than dry skin, and no matter how much moisturizer you use it just seems to never be enough! The first thing that'll help, may be obvious, but it's seriously a life saver. The blessed humidifier!! It'll keep you from completely drying out like a fish out of water, as well as help you immensely while styling your hair and keeping that static away.
While this weather is cold, the worst thing you can do is take the hottest shower ever. Although it may feel nice, it will actually cause your skin to dry out even more, so better to stay with warmer rather than hotter. One of my favourite things to keep my skin at it's best is exfoliator. You can get them all over the place and even make your very own sugar scrubs to keep skin soft and fresh. My personal favourite is by Cake called it's a slice, not only does it smell great, but its also environmentally friendly and completely natural!
Your skin is sure to be left feeling soft and fresh! I also follow up with a cake moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. 

Now for your face. It's super important to keep a regular skin regime, especially in the winter. Because the skin on your face is typically more sensitive, its better to exfoliate your face only about 2 times a week, and using a toner in between. I just started using a new skin care line by Kate Somerville, and i absolutely love it! Not only does it leave your skin so clean feeling and fresh, but I've also noticed a difference in the brightness of my complexion as well. That's always a good problem to have! Also, each night I use a night moisturizing mask, by Origins called Drink up intensive. It's thick, but definitely does the job! It leaves your skin feeling soft and allows your foundation to have the smoothest surface the next morning. 

Last but not least, makeup! In the dreary cold winter weather its hard to have that glow that summer always gives to your skin. Somehow in the summer everyone just shines and has that perfect dewiness, but how do you get that in the winter while your all bundled up?! Let me give you a few tips:
1) Add an iridescent shimmer cream to your foundation to give it that extra little sparkle. It'll brighten your complexion and give you a soft glow.
2) Use a highlight, such as Watt's Up by Benefit cosmetics. Adding just a little bit of this even just to your t-zone will give you that gorgeous dewy look.
3) Try a bright lip. Rather than staying away from the bright lip in the winter, pull them out and play with them. A good bright lip always helps you brighten you up, and i don't know about you but somehow it puts me in a better mood! (Also, if you're going through a break-up or a stressful time, it's way less calories than ice cream)
4) Lastly, add a little bronzer to your life. Don't go overboard so it looks like you've just come home from 2 weeks straight in a tanning bed, but add a little to your temples, and under your cheek bones. This will give you a little colour, and give the illusion that your a little sun kissed. 

I hope these tips help! I'd love to hear how you throw away the winter blues as well, so feel free to comment and let me know! 

Stay warm and beautiful!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment