Monday, November 18, 2013

Finding the Perfect Outfit for that Special Occasion

For me it is always the hardest to find the perfect dress or outfit for something special. I always want to stand out, and make an impression, but sometimes what I have in mind and what are in the shops just don't cut it. It never seems to turn out that I have this creative thought of an outfit, and then I walk into a store and it is magically waiting for me on a rack with the price tag that is just right and screams my name. Unfortunately I think that is the case for everyone, and whether or not you are prepared to sew it yourself, we get caught in this dilemma time after time. How hard is it to be a girl eh?!
In having this problem copious times before, I have come up with a few tricks and tips to help you along the way and make sure you look the best you possibly can.

The first thing you need to think about is your outfit... figure out how dressy or casual you are meant to be, whether you want a dress (what length and shape... strapless, sweetheart etc) pantsuit/ romper etc... once you have that, think about colours that would best suit you... I always keep a few colours in mind as you may not find your most ideal colour, that way you lessen the heartache while shopping. By knowing the type of outfit and colour scheme it helps so much more in the whole process, and there is half of your battle. Also what can help is finding a picture in a magazine and reinventing the look with your budget and resources... I find this helps a lot.

Once you have that done and bought you can now work on your accessories. Remember that sometimes 'less is more', in many cases you can let the neckline of a dress speak for itself, and instead do some chunky bangles, or a pair of chandelier earrings to add a little bit of sparkle.
Also, don't be afraid to try something new with your hair and makeup to play up your look. I love looks where the outfit is really minimal, but dramatic hair and makeup play it up and completely altar it.

ps. don't be afraid to try on things that you normally wouldn't, sometimes those turn out to be the pieces that blow you away the most... try to make it as enjoyable as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment