Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall Fav's

I’ve decided to do a little step by step to show you some of the products I use to achieve the “no makeup” look with a dark lip as I talked about in my previous blog. I’ve recently found a couple new products that I just cannot get enough of!! The first one is called “watts up” by Benefit. For me this is a definite must have in anyones makeup kit, especially if you want that healthy looking glow to your skin. I don’t know about you, but who doesn’t like that dewy Jennifer Lopez glow?! Thats all I ever want, and this product is perfect in achieving just that! 
My second new fav product is Blinc mascara... this stuff is amazing! Not only is it waterproof, but when you wash it off at night it just slides off without leaving any residue at all!! I hate looking like a raccoon when i wash my face, but amazingly this stuff doesn’t do that at all. I also love this mascara for the ‘no makeup’ look because its super natural and almost doesn’t look like you’re wearing mascara at all. 



Now for the most important part, the dark lips... I use the Mahogany lip pencil, and the Mattene Lipstick in Rougette by MAC. The key to having the most crisp lip line is to start fresh by concealing over your natural lip line... I even like to go over the centre part of my lip line, on top and bottom with the watts up just to make your smackers appear more full when the light hits them. I always start by creating an x at the bow of your lip and working your way out. I always like to fill in the corners of my lip with the pencil just a tad to give them a more ombre effect. If your really adventurous you can even try using a black eye pencil to line your lips and blending it with a red for a darker more plummy lip. Once you’re all lined fill in with your lipstick and smack them together just to blend a little more... I find if i get my fingers in there I always smudge something and it creates a lot more problems. 


Have fun playing with darker lip colours!! I’d love to see what you come up with so tweet rebeccahgod, instagram rebehg, or facebook me at Running with Scissors :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment